The Ledger will offer security services, while the Sandbox will accommodate the wallet provider in its metaverse to teach users about crypto.
One of the biggest providers of hardware cryptocurrency wallets, Ledger has announced a partnership with NFT gaming metaverse- The Sandbox. The move is expected to help metaverse users to expand security and to manage the self-custody of their digital assets.
- Ledger’s chief experience officer lan c Rogers disclosed that the new collaboration aims to bring the security of the wallet manufacturer into the blockchain game.
- The Sandbox tweeted that,
‘‘We are partnering with Ledger to secure metaverse and grow security, education and support for users! They will be building a hub on their LAND, providing users with support parallel to learning and gamified experience inside TheSandbox.’’
- While enjoying the freedom of self-custody, the partnership will also focus on bringing awareness and educating users on security in the metaverse.
- This news comes two weeks after British banking organization HSBC declared plans to enter the metaverse by partnering with the Sandbox.
- As per the report, the bank disclosed its intentions to purchase a plot of land at the blockchain gaming firm’s metaverse in a bid to engage with Esports, sports and gaming fans.
- The latest step is its first tryst with metaverse after increasing its services from traditional cryptocurrencies to non-fungible tokens(NFTs).